Ideas and technology are the stock-in-trade of countless businesses today – and tomorrow: names of businesses and products, logos, images, websites, software, chemical formulas, advanced materials, schematics, designs, film scripts, among many others. Their intangible nature can raise complex and novel business problems and legal issues, but their importance to business is constantly increasing. When your business is international in scope, these issues are that much more sensitive.
Valant lawyers understand the investment required to produce intellectual property assets, the complexity of licensing them, and the risk of losing control over them. They know how to assist clients in protecting and exploiting their intellectual property both domestically and internationally.
Here are some of the ways Valant lawyers help their clients manage their intellectual property issues:
- Advising on protection of trade secrets
- Drafting non-disclosure and non-use agreements
- Registering tradenames and trademarks
- Negotiating technology transfer and licensing agreements
- Advising on international intellectual property issues
- Advising on intellectual property issues in commercial transactions
- Conducting due diligence on intellectual property in corporate transactions